Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Time to Give


One of the reasons that I work at saving is so that I can give to others. Not very long ago, I was involved with a backpack stuffing project for under resourced children. I met Terri from Montgomery County CPS. She was telling us about a project called Rainbow Room. This is a room that they hope to have filled with supplies that the CPS workers can pull from to fill needs of children recently taken from their homes. I asked Terri what types of things they were in need of. She said, "Believe it or not, toothbrushes and toothpaste would be nice." You can only imagine how that spoke to me being an avid couponer. I told Terri I would love to help in this area.

It was to my great delight that Walgreens started having awesome deals on toothbrushes with Register Rewards. In less than a month, I have collected 30+ toothbrushes and about 20 full size toothpaste. I have been putting these in a box along with other items that I have found a great deal on. I really can't wait until I met with Terri to hand over this box.

So, as you can see you don't have to look very far for children who really need your help. This is just one way your desire to save money can help others.

For more inspiration head over to Saving and Giving and see what others are doing for A Time to Give.

No comments:

Post a Comment