Thursday, November 26, 2009

Last Minute Shopping At Walgreens

So this afternoon, I realized that there was no more coffee creamer in the house. I could not possibly wake up and face Thanksgiving Day without coffee creamer for my morning cup of joe. I searched a few of my favorite blogs for Walgreens deals and decided that Melissa's Bargain Blog had some of the best scenarios. I pulled my coupons for Theraflu, Triaminic, Comtrex, Nabisco Crackers, and Vanity Fair Plates and headed for my favorite Walgreens.

Now you may be scratching your head and wondering why I need all these coupons when what I needed was coffee creamer. Well, the Vanity Fair Plates and Bowls were on sale BOGOF and the coupon I pulled from the October All You was BOGOF (I had 5). So after sale and coupons, I got 6 plates and 4 bowls totally free (no dish washing for me this holiday season). These had to be rung up in separate transactions because the register would only take one coupon per transaction.

Here is a list of the rest of the deals that I picked up.

5 - boxes Comtrex $5.99 ea. minus 5 - $3 MQ and 5 - $3 walgreens coupons from Healthy Savings booklet (took off $15)

5 - boxes Wheat Thins 5/$10 minus $1 MQ and 2 - $1/2 MQs and scanned $1/2 walgreens coupon from Diabetes booklet (took $2.5 off)

2 - boxes Sugar Free Theraflu 2/$10 minus $2 walgreens coupon from Diabetes booklet (took off $4) there is a MQ out for $3 off 2 Theraflu products (I forgot to pull mine)

2 - boxes Triaminic Sever Fever $1.69 ea. minus 2 - $1.50 MQ and scanned $2 walgreens coupon from Healthy Savings booklet (took off $3.38)

1 - Carnation Coffee Mate $3.79

My total after all coupons was $11.24.

I received $3 RR for Nabisco crackers, $3 RR for Theraflu, and $4 RR for the Triaminic.So this trip cost me $1.24 for everything.

We are set on cold medicine and dinner plates.

And of course, I got my much needed coffee creamer.

2 comments:

  1. That deal was way too complicated for me, but, I admire your spunk! I don't think it would work for me as I never get a cold or flu. That's the beauty of living alone. No one brings germs home from the office, school, etc. I haven't gotten my flu shot yet this year, but, I plan to in a week or so. I don't know if I should get the swine flu or the regular flu shots. I'm thinking not both. Actually, I'm thinking of just hibernating for the season to keep all the bugs away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't got our shots yet either. Both of our doctor's offices have been out every time I call. I guess we will just keep taking vitamin C & D to help keep us healthy.

    ReplyDelete